Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cooking Adventures

Lasagna Soup


Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas


Cookie Dough Brownies


Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies


Cheddar Cheese Chicken

Chocolate Chip Brownie Batter Cookies

Thanks to Pinterest, I have broadened my horizons in the cooking area. I decided to try a new recipe for dinner as well as a new dessert every Thursday. I am not even going to take into consideration whether it is healthy or not. I want to expand my kids taste buds and have them experience new flavors. I know Aiden will at least try most things once. Brynlee, on the other hand, doesn't try anything. But I will keep trying. These are things that I have made so far. They were absolutely amazing.
Tonight we experianced the Lasagna soup and the chocolate chip brownie batter cookies. It was fun to try and make them at the same time. The soup was awesome and the cookies were even more heavenly. The soup however, was a low fat recipe, but the cookies definitely made up for it. I did get the recipe for the red velvet cake cheesecake off Pinterest as well that I posted a month ago.
I figured why post things in a board if I'm not going to apply them to my life. I can't just be a wishful person.
My kids have a favorite thing so far that I learned and that was putting a snack box both in the fridge and in the pantry full of healthy snacks that they can just grab themselves. Aiden is constantly telling me how much he loves it. I love that people have come up with websites that can better all of our lives.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's a good idea about Thursdays! I might have to steal that from you. However, it might be Mondays for me so that we can start FHE out right:) You are so amazing!!