Sunday, January 1, 2012

Primary

Today was Brynlee's first day in primary. I wish I could say it was a good experience for us but it was the complete opposite. She cried and screamed the whole time " This is NOT my class!" Ben stayed in primary with her the whole time hoping that she would get used to it and let him go, but she wouldn't. She either cried to go home or cried to him to take her to her class. Bryn loved nursery. She cried if she missed it, which was most of the time. I have a huge issue with our ward and the nursery. Most nursery's post signs on the door as to remind parents not to bring their kids if they have any signs of illness and then they name them, but ours does not. So to avoid illnesses as per her doctors recommendation, we avoid the nursery around this time of year especially. But for as often as she hasn't gone, she has learned tons of songs that she randomly sings often. What shocked me about her reaction today, was that they usually prepare the nursery kids that are about to enter primary by having them go in the last 30 min or so weeks before the big change. They did not do that this time when I asked. That probably would have saved us the tantrums today if they had prepared the kids better. She was not the only one freaking out. I really hope it gets better. Bryn has a very stubborn streak (much like her mom) and it takes her a while to want to do something sometimes. When I asked her if she liked her class today she replied with "absolutely NOT!" I was sad. But as with most preschoolers, they get over things pretty fast so hopefully that will happen in this case.

No comments: