Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Now about Moving

On June 7th we made the next step in our lives and FINALLY moved from Ben's Parent's house to West Valley.  Ben's brother has been throwing the idea of us renting his house for quite a few months however, despite my crappy job, we could not pull it off.  Medical expenses just have overtaken our lives for the last 5 years.  I happen to get insurance at work which covers medication.  So instead of $900 for three months of insulin, it was only $50.  So basically I am just working to have the insurance until Ben's changes hopefully sometime in the near future.  I finally agreed to move into Ben's brother's house when they asked us again in May.  I was sooooo incredibly scared that everything would fall apart again and we would be in the same situation.  Living with Ben's parent's for the last 4 years has been a blessing.  They are so amazing to be able to give up their basement for that long and tolerate the kids and all our crap. Last summer I seriously thought we were never going to be able to be on our own.  I had lost my hope.  I hate going by Heavenly Father's time table sometimes. I did learn a lot of life's lessons living there.  Some of our storage has been in storage for 5 years so it was like Christmas opening all the boxes and throwing stuff out.  I still feel like I'm in a dream sometimes, but it has been really good for us to be on our own finally.  When I get everything put together and decorated I will post pictures of the inside.  It has been an incredibly different summer with deaths, funerals, work, and school for the kids.  I am sooooo grateful that we have the chance to be our own family again.

1 comment:

Stephanie Dirks said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! That's so great that you get to be out on your own! Where are you working?