Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas






Don't mind the mess in the background.
We had a lot of mess in a little space. This year for Christmas we did something a little different. We told the kids they were only getting 2 gifts because there was absolutely no room to put anything. They seemed completely fine with that.
This year I wanted to do a Christmas tree just for Christ, but I never got it done, but I will attempt again next year. I wanted my kids to focus on the Savior more this year and I thought that a tree just for him would help. Because I failed at that, we watched the Living Scriptures The Nativity many times. Brynlee loved watching it over and over.
I am never in the Christmas spirit especially the last couple years or more. It is next to Thanksgiving as one of my least favorite holidays. I am horrible and wish I could just skip Christmas. It is way too stressful and depressing for me...another reason why I wanted to do a tree for Christ. Don't get me wrong. I love giving gifts and finding that perfect gift for someone that is sentimental that they would never expect is my most favorite. I hope that I will eventually start liking it again. Maybe when my whole family can be together again. It just isn't the same without my two brothers and my amazing sister.

No comments: