Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reverence

It's funny that sometimes we find ourselves becoming just like our parents even though we swore we wouldn't. Today at church Aiden was being very hyper and rambunctious in sacrament meeting so I told him "If you aren't reverent, you will have to go home and practice." Seriously we had that threat made to us as children every week. I absolutely hated it. I hated sitting there for 30 minutes practicing being reverent because I wasn't. Now I am doing it to my own kids. I didn't even think before I said it. FIGURES. I am sure my parents are laughing at this.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I ALWAYS use the phrases my parents used to say. I now know why they said them!

Ryan & Keri said...

Holy cow, Star! So sorry to hear about Ben's emergency surgery! So glad he's okay. Wow. And cute Brynlee winning that contest--imagine?! And btw, we do the same things. I pretty much have eaten all of the words I used to say. Now, it's just waiting to eat the ones I've said about what I will and will not do when I am a grandparent. :D)