Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Recovery


Remember, there are no mistakes, only lessons. Love yourself, trust your
choices, and everything is possible.
Cherie Carter-Scott

This year as part of saying in recovery, I have focused on self-love. This is an huge effort for me. I tend to be very negative towards myself. Although I wouldn't say that I am perfect at this self-love, I would say that I have made a slight improvement. It will be a life-long effort.

Today marks my 4th year in recovery with no relapse. This is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. Most people do not make it this far without set backs of some kind. It doesn't matter how tough my year is with challenges and trials, I have huge support from Ben. He helps me soooo much in preventing these little set backs. He is the only one that knows when I am struggling to the point of slipping, and he always seems to pull me back in such a loving way. Nobody really knows me or understands me like he does. I am so incredibly blessed to have him. This has been my biggest trial and challenge in life and I am SO proud of myself for beating it.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME SURVIVE!

"The hardest thing in life is letting go of what you thought was real."

Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.
Les Brown






No comments: