Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Doctor Aiden


This is Aiden giving Ben his actual insulin shot. We decided to teach (by the advice of our diabetic home teacher) Aiden how to give Ben his shots for three reasons: one, so that he could in case of an emergency and two, so he would not be afraid of shots anymore himself and three, he would not be afraid of seeing Ben giving himself shots. He did awesome. He had no problem poking Ben with the needle. The pens are a little difficult to push the insulin out of and keep the needle straight so Ben kept a hold of the end so Aid could push the button. We are really hoping he will get a better hold of his own fear of shots by doing this a few times. He loved it. He asked if he could do doctor stuff like shots more often. I told him next time I cut myself and was bleeding then he could put a band aid on me just like a doctor. He said he was cool with that.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This gives me the creeps. It's a great idea, but I wouldn't do it if you paid me:)