Monday, December 29, 2008

2 YEARS AND COUNTING

I am happy to announce, I have made it TWO years in my Recovery from anorexia with no relapse. This is a HUGE occomplishment for me. This is the longest I have ever gone in the 15 years the disease has been apart of my life. I owe so much to my husband and my family for their encouragement, love and support. Most of all, I owe so much thanks and gratitude to Avalon Hills, the treatment center that helped save my life. If it wasn't for their awesome eating disorder program, I really doubt I would be here to watch my little boy grow up and be blessed with a wonderful little girl.

My husband, Ben is so amazing. He has put up with so much with this demon being apart of our marriage. He doesn't hold his breath sometimes and he gets really nervous, but I always pull through the trial (not to mention this whole year has been one big trial). It is a relief to him to have me be mostly free. Thank you Ben, I love you.

I owe so much to my wonderful Therapist. She has been there through it all. She has such wonderful wisdom that has helped me push through the really HARD moments that would normally throw me back a huge step. Thank You Jean. You are absolutely amazing. I love you tons.

2 comments:

Christina W. Cook said...

Starry I'm so happy for you! My friend from college had an eating disorder and had a therapist named Bonita that I think started Avalon..Sounds like it's a great program! Keep it up gorgeous!

Ryan & Keri said...

Congratulations, Star! And I'm so happy for you! What an accomplishment! I know that you can keep going and stay strong. It's entirely worth it! You have such a darling family--continue staying strong for them and your dear husband, as well as your sweet self. I love you! And I think you are amazing! I'm so glad that you had a fun Christmas after all--even if it started out sort of grinchy/scroogy. Lights always help me and Christmas stories and colors. It's the best!