Saturday, November 23, 2013

Discovered Talent

Acrylic first try at painting
Second Acrylic
First try at oils
Second oil

3rd acrylic

3rd oil
4th oil


5th oil



So I decided to try and find something else I could do to cope with stress besides play my awesome piano.  I can't play at 9:00 at night when the kids are trying to sleep.  I decided to try painting.  I first tried Acrylic paints at the top.  I was surprised that I could even do anything with them.  I have never taken an art class in my life.  Actually it has never really interested me.  I can draw stick figures but that was all I thought my artistic talent went.
I then ventured to oils, which I LOVE!!!  Thanks to youtube, I have learned to do some landscapes, and seascapes.  I don't draw them first...remember I can't draw.  LOL.  I am actually proud of myself for trying something new.  This year has been ups and downs but very rewarding.  Ben and I have learned a lot about photography and have been able to do quite a lot of photo-shoots  for people.  I could never measure up to my friend (Aspen) and sister-in-law that are amazing, but it is something we enjoy doing together.  That is mainly why we do it.  I love that we can play our intruments, do musical numbers and just mess around with music together, and I love that we found something else we enjoy.  It really helps strengthen our relationship.
Ben has been an amazing support in helping me try and paint.  He is so encouraging and makes me feel so good.  He has a few hanging in his office that he says are his fav.  He is more then willing to help me get the stuff I need in supplies.  Of course he is very smart in everything.  I value his opinion greatly.
 I seriously have random thoughts today.
I have another commissioned painting that I have done for a co-worker that I am not quite done with that I will post soon.
If anybody needs christmas gifts or would like to commission a painting or has any ideas let me know.  I'm up for trying anything.


No comments: