Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Blahs


It seems that half the world seems to hate Valentines Day, especially the ones that are single and have no one share this overrated day with. However, there are some of us, that even though we have someone to share this day with, it still turns out blah.
Today started out with a much needed doctors apt with my OB/GYN. I had been contracting more and more over the last 4 weeks and I had reached my limit. Despite feeling like crap with a constant pain in my back from false labor that kept me up all night, I managed to make a fudge cream cheese cake for Ben, run to Walmart to grab him Star Wars Legos that he has wanted for a very long time and get him a V-day card all while dealing with the horrible shaky side effects of the antilabor medication that I hadn't had in 3 years.
Aiden came home this evening and cheered me up some with his HUGE valentine card he made at school for his mom and dad with BIG letters reading "I LOVE YOU MOM and DAD that he had written himself. He made me feel loved when out of the blue he says "I love you mom, happy valentines day, I just wanted to tell you." At least one person in our little family remembered to say it to me and I adore him more then anything. He is a very thoughtful, loving 5-year old. What would I do without him?!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sorry you had a sucky day. I hope you are doing better on your meds. My friend was on that and was sicker than she was when she was in the first trimester. Good luck!!!