Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Independent Girl


Our independent girl has officially potty trained herself. As of today, potty training is complete and I didn't do a darn thing. I kept trying and trying, but was unsuccessful due to Bryn's extreme stubbornness. This last Friday after we got home from school and work. She told me she wanted to go potty and wear underwear. This was nothing new, however the new thing about it was that she wanted to sit on the big potty and didn't want anything to do with the little one. She went for the very first time that moment and hasn't backed down yet. She didn't have control over her bowel movements and the pain it caused all weekend until today. She managed to control it mostly and make it to the potty.
I was really nervous leaving her with my mom all day so I put her in pull-ups. She told my mom every time. She has not had an accident since (except for the uncontrollable GI problems). I don't count the number 2 accidents because she has had a little bit more to learn to control then most kids her age, and she is doing pretty good at it. Bless her heart. This was the easiest potty training ever. Too bad it can't always be this way.
UPDATE: We heard from the GI doctor's office today saying that he would like to talk to both Ben and I in a couple days. I am not sure how to take that, but with a grain of salt. The only biopsy I have been able to look up was completely abnormal, however, I don't know what any of it means. Hopefully we will get some answers by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good luck. Keep me posted. I pray for her when I remember. I hope all is going to be well.

Christina W. Cook said...

I have been behind on your blog. I hope you get some answers and can get her feeling better. And WHOOT to having a potty trained toddler! I recently got Andy trained too. Lovin' it!